Join our team as a ZimZoom Event Pro!
ZimZoom is a rapidly growing event company that specializes in fun, immersive and memorable “Photo Experiences” in the form of photo booth rentals and multimedia marketing events. We’re a passionate and vibrant company where care, beauty, precision, creativity, and ownership create work that’s rewarding and meaningful. This is an opportunity to join a team of creatives that will inspire, encourage, support and motivate you.
We’re seeking bright, friendly, and resourceful people to join our Event Team in the role of Photobooth Event Pro in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Asheville, NC and surrounding areas.
This role requires you to work independently, think on your feet, adapt to changing circumstances, and work at different types of events with various coordinating teams and clients.
At its core, this job is about helping people have fun and create memories. While there is a lot behind that, we provide complete paid training, a flexible schedule and a fantastic support team.
Here’s what our Event Pros say:
“I love interacting with people and hearing genuine laughs because they are enjoying themselves!”
“I do love how Zimzoom doesn’t interfere with my 9-5 and is completely different than what I normally do.”
“I like the opportunity to interact with people at events; to make them feel welcome and comfortable, laugh, and have fun.”
“I like the independence of the job; the freedom of working alone, and the responsibility that comes with that.”
“I really enjoy meeting people and providing them with tangible memories.”
- Represent ZimZoom by providing photo booth services at various events
- Plan ahead, be punctual, stay organized, and take care of equipment, knowing the success of an event depends on YOU.
- Manage crowds, multiple questions, and sometimes demanding clients while running the event service for event attendees
- Help identify any company inefficiencies and share ideas on how to better take care of clients and exceed the expectations of event attendees
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You are a responsive and articulate communicator that loves interacting and helping people. You have an interest in photography and can work well on your own in a self directed environment.
Strong communication skills: the ability to engage and guide people in a very busy, sometimes hectic area, communicate clearly and consistently with internal team members, external guests, and clients.
Enjoys having a flexible schedule, willing to work up to 3 out of 4 Saturdays per month, and an eagerness to take on more events as needed. (Evenings and weekends are our busiest times.
Reliable: Maintaining an organized calendar, responsibility, and staying committed to confirmed events.
Self-composure: The ability to stay patient & calm and thrive in high-pressure conditions. Some of our best event pro’s feel that patience remaining calm are among their best traits.
Comfortable with technology: Familiarity with multiple kinds of tech and the ability to learn and adapt to new systems, processes and updates.
Excellent time management skills:stays on schedule and make the most efficient use of time.
Ability to work independently:Self directed & resourceful but still feels comfortable asking for help when necessary.
- A smartphone and a few apps we use for internal communications.
- Reliable and presentable mode of transportation & willingness to travel to events in and around the NC Triangle Area.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds in and out of your car by yourself.
- Higher than average pay rate ($25/hr) + tips
- Flexible Hours (6-15 hrs per week)
- Paid Training and Professional Development
- Meeting awesome people at the coolest parties, weddings, and events
- Freelancers looking for opportunities
- Fully employed professionals with Weekend & Evening availability
- Photographers & Visual Artists