Join our team as a ZimZoom Event Pro!
ZimZoom is a rapidly growing event company that specializes in fun, immersive, and memorable “Photo Experiences” through photo booth rentals and multimedia marketing events. We’re a passionate and lively company where care, beauty, precision, creativity, and ownership create work that’s rewarding and meaningful! This is an opportunity to join a team of creatives who will inspire, encourage, support, and motivate you.
We’re seeking bright, friendly, dependable, and resourceful people to join our Event Team in the role of Photobooth Event Pro for our offices in Chapel Hill and Asheville. At its core, this job is about helping people have fun and create memories. We provide paid training and support to ensure you can set-up and host events with confidence!
This role requires you to work independently, think on your feet, adapt to changing circumstances, and work at different types of events with various coordinating teams and clients. Our Event Pros travel around the NC Triangle, Asheville and surrounding areas, entertaining folks at weddings, mitzvahs, graduations, corporate events, and more.
- Represent ZimZoom while providing photo booth services at various events
- Plan ahead, be punctual, stay organized, and take care of equipment, knowing the success of an event depends on YOU
- Answer questions, encourage use of the booth, and manage crowds (including sometimes demanding clients) while running the event service for event attendees
- Help identify any company inefficiencies and share ideas on how to better take care of clients and exceed the expectations of event attendees
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You are a responsive and articulate communicator who loves interacting with and helping people. You have an interest in photography and/or the events industry and can work independently in a self-directed environment.
- Strong communication skills: The ability to engage with and guide people in a very busy, sometimes hectic area, plus communicate clearly and consistently with internal team members, guests, and clients.
- Enjoys having a flexible schedule: Willing to work up to 3 out of 4 Saturdays per month, with an eagerness to take on more events as needed. (Evenings and weekends are our busiest times.)
- Reliable: Responsible, able to maintain an organized calendar, and committed to confirmed events.
- Self-composure: The ability to stay calm and thrive in high-pressure conditions. Some of our best event pros feel that patience and remaining calm are among their best traits.
- Comfortable with technology: Familiarity with multiple kinds of tech and the ability to learn and adapt to new systems, processes and updates.
- Excellent time management skills: Prompt, stays on schedule, and makes the most efficient use of time.
- Ability to work independently: Self-directed and resourceful, but still feels comfortable asking for help when necessary.
Here’s what our Event Pros say:
“I love interacting with people and hearing genuine laughs because they are enjoying themselves!”
“I do love how Zimzoom doesn’t interfere with my 9-5 and is completely different than what I normally do.”
“I like the opportunity to interact with people at events; to make them feel welcome and comfortable, laugh, and have fun.”
“I like the independence of the job; the freedom of working alone, and the responsibility that comes with that.”
“I really enjoy meeting people and providing them with tangible memories.”
- A smartphone and a few apps we use for internal communications.
- Reliable and presentable mode of transportation & willingness to travel to events in and around the NC Triangle Area.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds in and out of your car by yourself.
- Business/business casual attire for events (e.g. blouses and button-downs, slacks and skirts)
- Higher than average pay rate ($25/hr) + tips
- Flexible Hours (6-15 hrs per week)
- Paid Training and Professional Development
- Meeting awesome people at the coolest parties, weddings, and events
- Independent work with an on-call support team
- Freelancers looking for opportunities
- Fully employed professionals with Weekend & Evening availability
- Photographers & Visual Artists